We are honored to announce RWO has been featured in the 2024 edition of Best Law Firms® nationally in 2 practice areas and Metropolitan in 8 practice areas. The list of 2024 Best Law Firms® includes law firms recognized for professional excellence with persistently...
Peter T. Moore
Peter Moore is the Chairman of the Business Law Department and a member of the real estate practice group for Robinson, Waters and O’Dorisio. He serves as outside general counsel and corporate counsel for many local and regional businesses. Twenty years of experience as a commercial trial lawyer provides Peter with a unique perspective on his business practice and aids in his ability to structure deals and transactions in a way to minimize risk, avoid litigation, and efficiently achieve the client’s business goals. Prior to focusing his career on corporate, transactional, and real estate matters for clients over 20 years ago, he handled hundreds of litigation cases and successfully tried approximately 35 jury and bench trials in state and federal courts throughout the region.
Peter has significant experience with transactional matters relating to purchase, sale, merger, and liquidation transactions, corporate finance, capital raises, start-up companies and entity formation. Key industries in which he focuses his practice include professional sports, energy and retail sporting goods. Peter also has significant experience with real estate transactions and commercial real estate and development issues. Prior to joining RWO in 2014, Peter was a Senior Partner in the corporate law department of a national law firm.
- B.S.F.S., Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University (International Economics), Scholarship Recipient; Research Assistant for the Institute for Ethics and Nuclear Warfare
- J.D., University of Denver; Denver Law Journal; Denver Journal of International Law and Policy (Managing Editor); Member Jessup Cup Moot Court Team; Scholarship Recipient
- DAAD Fellow (German Academic Exchange Service), University of Heidelberg, West Germany
- Served as General Counsel for Major League Rugby from the date of formation in 2016 through October of 2021; continue to represent the league as outside counsel.
- Serves as outside general counsel for a national retail CBD vendor.
- Drafted a $25 million master drilling agreement for a 100-plus well program for an exploration and production company; contract included the design and purchase and sale of specialized equipment necessary to complete work.
- Raised initial capital necessary to launch medical device manufacturer.
- Closed a $150 million mezzanine credit facility for a mid-continent drilling company.
- Served as lead counsel for the sale of assets and wind-up of a $100 million in sales, 90-store equipment rental company with operations in 16 states. Private liquidation of assets.
- Represented the prime owner of an aging shopping center in the Denver metropolitan area; redeveloped shopping center; and negotiated and redrafted all covenants and declarations. Shopping center today is very successful.
- Served as lead counsel in the liquidation and wind-up of a major Denver mid-sized law firm; employed accounting staff of five to complete work; addressed all creditor and ethical issues associated with wind-up.
- Lead counsel in the sale of an 18-store retail sporting goods company.
- Helped facilitate purchase of a number of commercial printing companies for a national consolidator.
- Negotiated and closed the stock sale of an established Minnesota manufacturing company to a venture capital group.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a three-week trial in favor of a Fortune 500 manufacturer in a multimillion dollar products liability lawsuit filed by a Colorado municipality. Successfully defended and obtained dismissal of subsequent appeal.
- Obtained defense verdicts in a series of jury and bench trials filed throughout Colorado with respect to a failed fast food franchise.
- Obtained a defense verdict and an award of attorney’s fees against a plaintiff in a fraud and breach of contract class action claim against a Colorado home builder.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar settlement for Denver advertising agency in a federal copyright infringement and breach of contract lawsuit.
Areas of Practice:
- Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Colorado Business Roundtable (current)
- Founder and Board Chairman, Vital for Colorado (2013-2019)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Chamber of Commerce (2018-2019)
- Pro Bono Counsel, National Alliance on Mental Illness, Colorado (2012 – 2019)
- Member of Colorado Advisory Committee, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- Member of Board of Directors and Legal Counsel, Geneva Glen Camp (2002 – 2005; 2009 – 2016)
- Member of Board of Directors and Legal Counsel, South Metro Denver Chamber (2009 – 2014)
- Former Board member, Swallow Hill Music Association (early 1990’s)
- Recognized as one of the founding members of the Bench & Bar Society, American Red Cross, Mile High Chapter
- P. Moore, B. Arkell, and S. Segal, for Chambers and Partners: “COLORADO: An Introduction to Corporate/M&A” (2020)
- P. Moore and B. Biesterfeld, AED Equipment Distribution Contracts: “A Handbook for Successful Distributor-Manufacturer Relationship” (Associated Equipment Distributors, 2017)
- Invited to speak at AED National Convention, Chicago, IL, January 2017, on strategies for mergers and acquisitions
- Speaker at 2017 AED Spring Convention, Miami, FL, on equipment distribution agreements