Denver (August 19, 2021) – Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio P.C. (RWO) is pleased to announce 15 lawyers are included in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. In addition to our listed lawyers, the firm celebrates two...
Anthony L. Leffert
Anthony L. Leffert
Anthony L. Leffert is a partner in the firm’s litigation practice group. He represents clients in litigation throughout the United States and regularly has cases in Colorado, New York, California, Texas and Florida. Tony has tried more than 100 jury and court trials. He is admitted to practice law in Colorado, New York and Nebraska.
Tony has extensive experience litigating complex business, real estate, fraud, construction and white collar criminal cases.
Tony served as a Federal Prosecutor with the Criminal Division, Fraud Section, in Washington D.C. He reported to Robert M. Mueller, Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division for the prosecution of the Bank of Credit and Commerce, Int., Clark Clifford, Robert Altman case. He was later appointed Deputy Special Counsel to the Attorney General for Financial Institution Fraud and worked as an advisor to Attorney General Janet Reno.
B.S. in Accounting, Northwest Missouri State University With Honors
J.D., University of Nebraska
L.L.M. in banking and financial law, Boston University, Senino Award winner
Recent trials include:
- successfully prosecuted to judgment in a defamation case involving false claims of fraud obtaining monetary damages
- successfully prosecuted fraud claims involving the sale of hand sanitizer including obtaining a permanent injunction
- successfully prosecuted construction defects case for Homeowners Association
- successfully prosecuted and obtained multi-million dollar judgment of real estate fraud claims in Cleveland, Ohio
- successfully prosecuted and settled claims of Senior Executive wrongfully terminated by a large multinational company
- successfully defended employment discrimination case involving employees at hydro-electric dams in Washington State
- successfully prosecuted claims of former partner in energy consulting business and successfully defended counterclaims for alleged theft of trade secrets
- successfully defended skydiving business against claims of negligence and nuisance in a complex trial involving issues of federal aviation law
- successfully obtained $2 mm jury verdict in Theft of Trade Secrets case involving mechanical designs of equipment
- successfully defended and obtained dismissal of fraud claims against client in connection with a reverse merger with a Chinese National company in Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York
- obtained federal jury verdict in excess of $1.1 million and successfully defended numerous counterclaims by the defendant in a case involving the development of a high-rise condominium project in Clear Lake, Texas
- successful prosecution in a jury trial involving the defective design of oil field equipment and fraud, and successful defense of counterclaims of more than $1 million
- successful prosecution and settlement of a case for a corporate executive wrongfully terminated by the purchaser of his business
- successful defense of a $4.7 million claim for defective software in federal court in New York
Areas of Practice:
Bar and Courts:Colorado, New York, Nebraska
Tony was recently inducted as a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation only honor society of experienced trial lawyers.
Tony was a ten-year member of the Colorado Bar Association Ethics Committee. Additionally, he is a Fellow of the Colorado Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Colorado Bar Association, a member of The Faculty of Federal Advocates, a Denver-based organization dedicated to improving the quality of legal practice in Colorado. Tony is actively involved in coaching youth sports and serves as pro bono counsel to Junior Baseball and Football Associations.