March 18, 2020 Nick Thompson, Associate As a result of the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the IRS issued Notice 2020-17 (the “Notice”) extending Federal income tax payment deadlines into the summer for many taxpayers, although it affirmed that the April...
James B. Lapin
Before joining the firm, Jim operated his own law firm for over 40 years. He is a strong advocate who knows how to win difficult cases while keeping clients informed. He understands how to evaluate complex situations and help clients make strategic decisions along the way to maximize settlements. He has represented individuals, lawyers and law firms, small business and multi-national corporations.
Jim focuses his practice on civil litigation and family law. He has tried hundreds of cases across the judicial districts of Colorado and in Kansas, Oklahoma and California. He has handled dozens of jury trials to verdict, representing plaintiffs and defendants. He has argued cases to the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jim’s settlement of cases for his clients have resulted in millions of dollars of recoveries for plaintiffs and significant savings for defendants.
B.A. University of Colorado
J.D. University of Denver
- Pedge v. RM Holdings, Inc., 75 P.3d 1126 (Colo. App. 2002)
- Curtis v. Nevens, 31 P.3d 146, 2001 DJCAR 4493 (Colo. 2001)
- Wright v. Woller, 976 P.2d 902 (Colo. App. 1999)
- Lira v. Davis, 832 P.2d 240 (Colo. 1992)
- Davis v. Lira, 817 P.2d 539 (Colo. App. 1991)
- Shelter General Ins. Co. v. Progressive Cas. Ins. Co., 796 P.2d 18 (Colo. App. 1990)
- Heatherridge Management Co. v. Benson, 192 Colo. 190, 558 P.2d 435 (Colo. 1976)
Areas of Practice:
James is Martindale-Hubbell® Peer-Review AV-Rated, the highest rating an attorney can achieve, and has been recognized for many years as one of Denver’s Top Lawyers, a Colorado Super Lawyer, and a 5280 Top Colorado Lawyer.