Commercial Real EstateProtecting your investment and delivering value for legal services
Knowledgeable and Qualified Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Serving Denver
Practice Chairman: John W. O’Dorisio, Jr.
The commercial real estate attorneys at Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio, P.C. are highly experienced, accomplished and reputable. We represent property owners, buyers, sellers, developers, lenders, landlords and tenants in transactions and disputes related to land development, condominium conversions, retail centers, office buildings, hotels, multi-family dwellings and industrial facilities. Since 1977, our firm has served as counsel in numerous multimillion- and billion-dollar transactions and high stakes litigation. We have the knowledge and experience to protect your investment.
High-level assistance with complex commercial real estate issues
RWO attorneys perform exhaustive due diligence on every aspect of your commercial real estate transaction to protect against foreseeable losses and secure your rights. The issues we most often address include:
- Financing and mortgages — We represent buyers, developers and lenders in complex financing arrangements and credit facilities.
- Foreclosures/Workouts & Restructuring/Receiverships – RWO’s foreclosure case experience includes receiverships and bankruptcies. Our attorneys are familiar with deeds in lieu of foreclosure and other loan workout agreements, and judicial and public trustee foreclosures actions. Properties dealt with include office buildings, industrial buildings, retail centers, hotels, apartments and vacant land.
- Land use and zoning — RWO has one of the most experienced zoning and land use planning practices in the state. The practice group addresses a variety of zoning and planning issues for builders and developers. RWO attorneys understand the entire zoning and planning process from both the landowner’s and the government’s viewpoints.
- Sales contracts and leases — We negotiate, draft, and review purchase and sale agreements on behalf of sellers and purchasers for office, retail, industrial, hotel, apartment complexes and other commercial properties, as well as vacant land for development. We also represent commercial landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of lease agreements and other related documents for office, retail, industrial and other commercial uses.
- Special districts — RWO attorneys have served as general counsel for numerous special districts in Colorado. The RWO special district practice focuses on legal issues including forming such districts, bond issues, elections, infrastructure and budgeting for special districts.
- Sports facilities and stadium management — RWO was legal counsel to the Denver Broncos Football Club in the development and operation of Broncos Stadium at Mile High. The firm is one of the few law firms nationwide that deal with legal matters pertaining to stadium development and operations, including public and private debt financing, leases, licenses, construction, architectural and design agreements, sponsorship agreements and service provider agreements. Our practice has assisted in the development of minor league baseball, basketball and hockey facilities in Colorado.
Given our wealth of knowledge and experience, you can trust RWO to protect and maximize your commercial real estate investment. The firm is one of the premier commercial real estate lending, leasing, acquisition and development law firms in the Rocky Mountain region. RWO’s work is unique and very high value considering the firm’s relatively small size, the concentration of high-quality real estate clients and the significance of its representative transactions, which include:
- Representation of the land owner in development of Reunion, Pena Station, Denver International Business Center, and Ridgegate.
- Clients in significant real estate acquisitions such as the purchase of a hotel property for $70 million and the sale of two office towers for $286 million (which was the largest commercial real estate transaction in Denver in that year).
- The City of Glendale, Colorado with respect to a prospective $180 million mixed use entertainment and commercial development to be known as Glendale 180.
- Commercial landlords having properties in excess of 10,000,000 RSF.
- Over $500 million of residential real estate development projects for Standard Pacific of Colorado, Inc.
- Development of mixed use properties and ski-in, ski-out condominiums located in several Colorado ski resorts.
In addition to the foregoing, our Commercial Real Estate work covers the following transactions:
- Boundary line resolution
- Commercial property management
- Commercial, industrial and resort development
- Common interest communities
- Contracts for owners/architects/contractors/subcontractors
- Eminent Domain
- Leasing disputes
- Leasing/landlord and tenant representation
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Real estate commission investigations and compliance
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Title and boundary line disputes
- Title and survey examination and resolution