Denver (August 19, 2021) – Robinson Waters & O’Dorisio P.C. (RWO) is pleased to announce 15 lawyers are included in the 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. In addition to our listed lawyers, the firm celebrates two...
Chad M. McShane 303-824-3162 email@example.com Download vCard Print Profile
Chad M. McShane
Chad McShane has more than 20 years of trial experience, including acting as lead counsel in a variety of jurisdictions including Colorado, California, Florida, Iowa, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin
Chad is a member of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations. His practice area is primarily construction and real estate litigation.
Chad is licensed to practice in the state and U.S. District Courts in Colorado and Iowa, as well as the Eighth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
B.A. in Political Science and History, Luther College, Magna Cum Laude
J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, With Distinction
- November 2022 – Judgment entered in Jefferson County, after trial, in favor of homeowner-clients against window supplier and installer for 100% of damages claimed arising out of property damage to client’s home.
- September 2022 – Arbitration award in favor of general contractor, including triple damages on civil theft-trust fund counter-claims, against a subcontractor, and dismissal of all claims asserted by subcontractor on the Project. Post-arbitration award of attorney fees in favor of client.
- July 2022 – Received arbitration award in favor of general contractor for full amount claimed, and the dismissal of owner’s multi-million dollar claim against the client arising from construction of luxury mountain home. Client also awarded its attorney fees and costs.
- May 2022 – Judgment entered in Douglas County in favor of judgment creditor client, after trial, on fraudulent transfer and civil conspiracy claims, including a 150% damages multiplier arising from the proven fraud, and recovery of attorney fees.
- February 2021 – After trial, court awarded owner-developer client a judgment on breach of contract and civil theft claims, including triple damages, against general contractor, and dismissed competing the contractor’s counter-claim against the client. Client was also awarded attorney fees in this Douglas County District Court lawsuit.
- July 2019 jury verdict for breach of contract for commercial roofing company against business owner/operator, including verdict rejecting owner’s construction defect claims
- September 2018 jury verdict for fraud and breach of contract against home seller in favor of buyer for non-disclosure of latent defects, with a post-verdict award of legal fees and costs
- April 2018 Arbitration award in favor of restoration contractor against restaurant owner, where arbitration award was later collected through judgment
- August 2016 defense of $13M claim against general contractor by subcontractor on an oil and gas construction project resulting in the arbitration award of only approximately 10% of the claimed damages
- October 2015 jury verdict in favor of homeowner against structural engineer arising from defective foundation design and resulting damages
- January 2015 jury verdict in favor of apartment complex owner against owner’s representative relating to defective construction occurring during the owner representative’s supervision of the construction work
- Successful resolution of complex construction defect lawsuit in 2014 against client involving claims in excess of $10M
- March 2013 judgment awarded at trial in excess of $2M in real estate and fraud action in the Denver District Court
- January 2013 jury verdict in Pennsylvania awarding client all damages sought and successfully defending counter-claim against client
- March 2012 Court of Appeals decision confirming the trial court’s judgment in favor of client in construction defect action initiated in Pueblo County