By Dan Block Changes in Colorado law effective August 10, 2022, based on a bill that passed the legislature and that has been signed by the Governor (the “Restrictive Employment Agreements Bill”), will significantly restrict the enforceability and legality of...
Betty leverages extensive corporate finance and M&A transactional experience to guide companies through the entire corporate lifecycle, from formation through growth and planned exit. Her clients include established and emerging growth companies as well as venture capital and other private equity funds.
She works with clients in a variety of industries, including software, technology, telecommunications, analytics, medical devices, healthcare, fintech and manufacturing.
Betty regularly acts as outside counsel to companies and their boards of directors advising on corporate governance issues, strategic plans, equity and debt financing, and mergers and acquisitions. She draws on considerable involvement with community and nonprofit organizations, including membership on numerous boards, to deliver prudent guidance and advice to management teams.
University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, Law Review; Storke Scholar
University of Colorado, M.A. Political Science
Northwestern University, B.A. Political Science, with Honors
- Counsel to CenterStone Technologies in its sale to PlumRiver LLC
- Counsel to ReadyTalk, Inc. in its sale to Premier Global Services, Inc.
- Counsel to Medical Simulation Corporation in its equity and debt financings and sale of its major division
- Counsel to Accellos Inc. in its venture capital financings, acquisition of four software companies, and sale to Accel-KKR
- Counsel to Coolerado Corporation in its private equity investment from New World Capital and sale to Seeley International
- Counsel to IQ Navigator, Inc. in its venture capital financings and sale to GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC
- Counsel to Denver Biomedical, Inc. in its recapitalization by Audax Private Equity and subsequent sale to Cardinal Health
- Counsel to T3 Media, Inc. in its venture capital investments from Shamrock Capital Advisors and Investcorp Technology Partners
- Counsel to CereHealth Corp. in its equity and debt financings
- Counsel to P2Binvestor Incorporated, Iterate Studio Inc., Ascent360, Inc., Claro Scientific Laboratories, Inc., Lyrics to Learn, LLC and Shotzr, Inc. in their equity financings
Areas of Practice:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A
- The Best Lawyers in America© Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2006-2022; Venture Capital Law, 2011-2022; Securities / Capital Markets Law, 2018-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America© Lawyer of the Year, Venture Capital Law – Denver, 2014, 2022
- Who’s Who by Denver Business Journal, 2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers® Securities and Corporate Finance, 2006-2021
- 2016 OpenWorld Learning Dean Abrams Leadership Award
- 2015 Knous Award (Colorado Law’s highest alumni award)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Lawyer of the Year, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law – Denver, 2012
- Law Week Colorado, Top Women Lawyers, 2008
- LawDragon, one of the 500 Leading Dealmakers in America, 2007
- Denver Business Journal, Denver’s Outstanding Woman in Business (Professional), 2006